Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fuel Shortage

Haley and I drove to SLC on Friday. I went to talk to the Danish experts at the Family History Library in a follow-up to our trip to Lendum. Haley went to get her iPod fixed at the Apple Store. Five hours later, we had completed our business, on our feet the entire time. As we inched our way toward the parking garage attendant's kiosk, we were grateful for our Chevy's cushy, bucket seats. Waiting our turn in line with the engine idling, we ran out of gas. Who knew they have rush hour at parking garages? The line of cars attempting to exit the garage all at the same time was legion. One gentleman and his girlfriend in stiletto heals offered to push us out of line, an offer we couldn't refuse. The kiosk attendant handed us a gas can and the adventure began. Over an hour later, I snapped this photo of Haley pouring 2 gallons of precious, hand-carried fluid into our gas tank. I let her know this invaluable experience was an important part of a driver's education. She will be turning 16 on the 16th and is another day closer to obtaining a driver's license and knowing that driving is not all fun and games.

1 comment:

Jim said...

And I thought Grampa was the only one with a history of running out of gas........