After Dad spent a week rendering service in Wisconsin, he flew home 11:30 PM last night. He spent 1/2 an hour walking up and down the rows in long term parking, hauling his computer and luggage, trying to find his truck. Airport Parking finally told him they towed Dad's vehicle out of long term parking. Dad left the truck in neutral and a strong wind storm blew it into the lane of traffic. The parking attendant guy said when he saw it, he tried pushing it back into the parking slot, but the police had already issued a citation and called the tow company. Dad ended up paying a towing fee, impound charges, citation fees and parking fees. He said it would have been much worse if the truck had rolled into another vehicle and caused damages.
There is a silver lining. I was working on quilt bindings at 2 AM when I saw a huge, pimped out, extended cab, new white pick-up truck pull into our driveway. My thought was that it must be the tow truck company and Dad had to be towed home. Not so. Dad said he lost a hub cap on Center Street and the guys in this truck stopped and grabbed it and followed him home to return it. They did not look like your typical Good Samaritans but it was an act of mercy.
3 comments:
Now I know that I inherited ridiculous car problem stories from dad! Poor guy. I think Steve Martin starred in a movie where this scenario was one of the scenes.
I feel bad. He was so kind and helpful. We are so lucky he came out to Wisconsin and this is just what he did not need to finish off a very long day of travel.
While I was at my conference in SLC tonight at the Courtyard, they put a boot on my car because all the signs said, "Parking for hotel use only." They forgot that those of us in the multi-purpose room did not have parking stickers. The ticket under my windshield said the fine to remove the boot was $110 and tripled over 24 hours. My first thought was, "I'm glad Dad will be able to sympathize with my parking catasrophy." Fortunately, the hotel realized they had made a mistake and did not charge us.
Post a Comment