Tuesday, December 28, 2010

November Roundup

The important thing is to just take a few minutes to record the memories of the month before they are forgotten.

Here are the basic questions to answer at the end of each month:

  1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month? Clive Cussler's Spartan Gold
  2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month? Hale Theater's The Drowsy Chaperon, TV: That 70's Show, Modern Family.
  3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? after Sadie's desserts, LaJolla 40th anniversary party, Thanksgiving, Lisa Snowmama selection, Haley's Senior VB game.
  4. What gifts did I give and/or receive? 40th anniversary diamond & ruby ring
  5. What special or unusual purchases did I make? 8 Shutterfly books for my kids
  6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have? stomach flu 6 days
  7. What were my accomplishments this month? 4 Generation Heritage Book, NYC 2010 book
  8. What were my disappointments this month? missed Thanksgiving with my family due to flu.
  9. How did I do on my goals for the month? took senior girls photos, basketball tee designs
  10. Anything else noteworthy to include? Karin's ultrasound: girl; letters from Torbjörn.

Here are the tasks I try to make sure are done by the end of the month:

  1. Upload all digital pictures to my hard drive and clear off memory cards in camera. Place all photos for the month in a computer folder labeled with the month and year. Make a backup copy of the photos from the month on my external hard drive and a dvd. I also upload all photos to my flickr account (you can use any offsite photo storage site, but here's why I love flickr). Ideally, these activities should be done every time you process any pictures through your computer so you don't lose any precious files, but if you have lapsed during the month, now's the time to get it done!
  2. Choose photos or digital layouts to be printed out and get it done while I'm thinking about it.
  3. Backup any other documents or files as needed. I use an external harddrive also upload many documents to Google docs. I don't like to lose stuff.
  4. Backup my blog. It's easy to do if you have one, just use Typepad backup or blogger backup.
  5. Clean off my work area, empty my inbox, and clean up my computer files. Here's a link to Katie Scrapbook Lady's digi organization post.

No comments: