Joseph's sons, standing l-r: David Hyrum, Alexander Hale.Sitting l-r: Frederick Granger, Joseph III.
Joseph and Hyrum.
David Hyrum Smith, youngest son.
Emma said this painting was closest to capturing Joseph's likeness.
Newly unearthed deguerrotype claimed by descendant to be Joseph. What do you think, is it him?
5 comments:
You may probably be right - have you thought of uploading it to the Ancestry site to see if others can verify it for you? Unearthing the past can be very difficult ... it's useful if you have been able to obtain DNA from a lock of hair, etc. Good Luck with the hunting!
Interesting.
One might not ever know if that is a photo of Joseph, but it was fun to see the picture. It was also really interesting to see the pictures of his sons and other relatives. Thank you.
I would like there to be a photo of Joseph Smith so I'm happy if this is one. However the jawline of the photo looks different than the jaw line of the death mask. Almost looks like there is a dimple or cleft or something. I'm not sure. Dof
The shading on his face looks to me like a man who has been out in the sun a lot while wearing a hat, so I can overlook the dark spot on his chin. But the eyebrows are my deal breaker. For a really interesting comparison and analysis of this photo, go to http://www.heraldextra.com/joseph/
then drag one image on top of the other.
Post a Comment