Wednesday, April 22, 2009

With a little help from our friends

"They couldn't be nicer!"
The Lendum, Denmark specialists helped us locate the family farm and valuable family history information. (Click to enlarge.)

3 comments:

Annee said...

When I first saw the photo of Anna Jensen, I thought it was aunt Wendy. Talk about family resemblance.

I'm so happy the trip to Denmark was successful.

Jan Hawkes said...

Her name is actually Anina, a diminutive form of Anne, but it doesn't show up very well in that font. She is my Grandma Widtfeldt. I have thought that my dad looked much more like his Jensen cousins than he resembled his own brothers, so its interesting that you see so much Jensen in Wendy. One difference between them is that Grandma was over 5' 10" and was the shortest of the Jensen siblings. Her sister, Hazel, was 6' 1".

Denmark was wonderful. I'm ready to go back.

Katie said...

I definitely see the family resemblance in Anna to Wendy, too. She also looks a little like Maggie.