Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Beach Package

This movie poster is the inspiration for a digital scrap contest. These are the directions: "I love the fun idea and cool look of the multiple torn edges! Don’t you? Or feel free to pull inspiration from the full page photo, a dramatic title, or the concept of removing layers to reveal a discovery. We want to see the creative ways this poster inspires your next layout! Don’t forget to upload it to the Simply Inspired gallery on or before May 18, 2009 to be in the running for a $10 gift certificate to the store!"
I decided to try for the prize money with this submission.
Haley and her friends were splashing around in the Powell's yard while it was being flood irrigated. They looked so cute I couldn't resist snapping a few photos. But the background was not very exciting. So I extracted the girls and pasted them onto a photo I took in Hawaii. Imagine Haley's surprise when she saw it.

5 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Photo looks so realisitic. That is amazing

Laura said...

It does look like they really are at the beach. I was wondering if that had been taken on her dance trip to Florida. Hey, maybe I can get you to superimpose a beach vacation for Bridger & me. Well done.

Karin said...

Very creative. Love the layout concept- and the fact that the girls are actually in the Powell's yard:)!

Melinda Hawkes said...

Wow! That is really impressive. Can you make me look good?

Katie said...

Whoa. That looks like they are running through the surf. Very cool page.