Friday, September 2, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook: September

Here is a photo for a thought I am sharing...
Haley took this going from Trollenäs kyrka to the castle.

Follow this link to the mother blog for Daybook instructions.

FOR TODAY, Friday 2 Sept 2011

Outside my window... the day is cooler than usual with a high of 85 degrees_ still very warm. The weather is changing which means Fall is just around the corner. There is still a small patch of snow on Mt. Timp that didn't melt this summer. A first! The snow is usually all melted by the first of August. We had a wet, cool Spring but things warmed up in August.

I am thinking... about the lesson I will give this Sunday on 1 Corinthians 1-6: be unified in Christ, follow the Spirit, be morally clean.

I am thankful... for all the great photos Haley and I took in Europe. We totally enjoy reminiscing as we label and sort.

In the kitchen... Jim has replaced the broken kitchen sink disposal, I've put things back into the cupboards and the wood floor shows no water damage. Wahoo!

I am wearing...new reading glasses after losing three pair on our trip to Europe. Good thing I can buy them in bulk at Costco. Wish I could do that with the earrings I left behind.

I am creating...pages of photos with journaling of our European adventure. We made cherished memories that will last to infinity and beyond.

I am going...to a Korean restaurant with Jim, Beetons and Hunsakers tonight. Fun!

I am wondering...what we should do as a family on Monday to commemorate Labor Day. Heber City is having Swiss Days and we've never been. Might be worth trying once.

I am reading...Sweden and the Swedes by WW Thomas Jr., A Heart Like His by Virginia H. Pearce. I just finished Blue Heaven by CJ Box which is set in Idaho.

I am hoping...the GOP debate on Wednesday is a successful and interesting event.

I am looking forward to...going to Lisa's house this month to be with her kids for a week or two while she and Mike go to Colorado.

I am hearing... the AC working to bring the indoor temp down to 76 degrees.

Around the house...things are in order as we move into the Labor Day weekend. That will change.

I am pondering...how to get Carter's football game over the Internet tonight. He will start on Varsity for both offense and defense: guard and tackle. Exciting!

One of my favorite things...is driving Haley to a college class when she doesn't have time to make it on her own. She shares with me her impressions, who she saw that she knows and her roller-coaster experience as a new freshman on campus.

A few plans for the rest of the month:
- Finish Dof's biography in time for her birthday.
- Work on our European photos and post them to the blog.
- Scan tickets, stamps and receipts & make our trip book.

1 comment:

Ie Li said...

I love these daybook posts. I should do one.

Also, that is a very sweet that you are completing a biography for Dorothy for her birthday. What a good sister you are.