"Each year at Christmas, my children exchange homemade ornaments with their cousins instead of presents. This year, my kids made "I spy" ornaments. This is the poem on the tag:
I spy 2 snowflakes, a star from the night,
A golden ring, and a Christmas light;
A holly leaf, a snowman, a little white dove,
2 bells, a present, and a heart full of love.
They are super simple to make. I ordered the empty craft ornament balls (4-inch) on e-Bay. Fill one half of the ornament with Polypellets (1 c.) purchased at Walmart, then put in 10 small Christmas-y items: confetti snowflakes; heart, holly leaf, and star beads, "gold" ring and tiny dove (from the bridal dept at Hobby Lobby), miniature Christmas light, and present (from Hobby Lobby's miniature doll house dept), 2 types of small bells, and a snowman button. Glue the 2 ornament halves together, tie on the tag and a ribbon, and that is it. They have been a huge hit."
http://busysmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-spy-christmas-ornaments.html
No comments:
Post a Comment