Monday, December 1, 2008

Start your Christmas Journal today

(I'm keeping mine over at my writing blog.)

Dec 1: Write your Christmas manifesto. Here is an example.
Manifesto: A declaration of one's intentions.

Starting December 1st, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something every day to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of my future. I will include photos, recipes, paper clippings, favorite cards, lists, whatever inspires me that day. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and, most importantly, I am giving at least fifteen minutes every day to record the events of that day no matter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.

Dec 2: Write about advent calendars that you have known and loved. Use one this year.
Dec 3: Write about the 1st things that come to mind about the Christmas season.
Dec 4: Christmas cards &/or newsletters
Dec 5: Christmas Past: favorite and not so favorite memories
Dec 6: Download FlyLady's Holiday Control Journal and decide what parts to use.
http://flylady.net/images/HCJ2003.pdf
Dec 7: Do you see what I see? Do you hear what I hear? Describe your favorite sights & sounds.
Dec 8: What is the spirit of Christmas? Try to infuse every day with it this month.
Dec 9: Christmas traditions
Dec 10: Your favorite gift wrap
Dec 11: Christmas tree traditions and things that decorate them
Dec 12: Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol - Relate it to yourself. What are you thankful for?
Dec 13: Your traditions surrounding the passing out of gifts
Dec 14: Favorite Christmas music
Dec 15: What people will you see this Christmas season?
Dec 16: Taking inspiration from the Sound of Music, what are a few of your favorite things?
Dec 17: Your letter to Santa
Dec 18: Christmas dinner menu, recipes, traditions
Dec 19: Where are you shipping packages? What are your favorite Internet shopping sites?
Dec 20: What last minute preparations still need to be done?
Dec 21: Christmas lights and sparkle
Dec 22: Stockings
Dec 23: Nativity
Dec 24: Christmas Eve
Dec 25: Christmas Day
Dec 26: The day after - Peace
Dec 27: Document your personal weaknesses.
Dec 28: New Year's Resolutions
Dec 29: Hopes for the New Year
Dec 30: Highlights of the past year -- personal and current events.
Dec 31: New Year's Eve
Jan 1: Favorite songs of the past year
Jan 2: What Christmas means to your inner child
Jan 3: Ponder on a moment of perfection from this season.
Jan 4: What will you remember to do next Christmas?
Jan 5: Putting things away

No comments: