5 Things I Will Miss about Winter1. New snow--it's fun to wake up to a white-frosted world, so clean and pure.
2. The Olympics--I loved the drama, grace and incredible talent on display.
(Mormon Torah Bright is the most famous female snowboarder in the world.)
3. Fire in the hearth--to curl up in front of, wrapped in a blanket, with a book.(If you haven't yet, read "The Undaunted" with a cameo of grandpa Jim Decker.)
4. Family parties--gatherings & dinners especially at Thanksgiving & Christmas.
5. Christmas Spirit--December is full of gift-giving, kind deeds and secret service.
5 Things I Won't Miss about Winter1. A cold car on a cold morning that takes forever to defrost.
2. Driving on slippery roads with poor visibility.3. Shopping till I drop and still not finding the perfect gift.
4. No fresh tomatoes & produce out of the garden.
5. Black ice and no handrails on porch steps.
5 comments:
Great list! I will miss the early nights when it's snowing and I don't have to go anywhere. I won't miss the slick roads and planning things around the bad weather. I am really looking forward to spring and sunshine and family barbecues!
Your list of things you will miss about winter actually made me question if I really am ready for the warmer weather. But then I snapped out of it and remembered how badly I've missed summer, and can hardly wait for the fresh produce from the garden.
Great list. You read the 1st half and don't want winter to ever end. Then you read the second 1/2 and realize you actually do. Pretty pictures, too.
I can't believe I left Christmas off my list! Produce made it to both of ours though. I thought about Family gatherings, but remember too many fun family times camping and at the cabin to have kept that a 'winter' occasion.
Hi Jan, I attended your class at the multi stake last week. It was excellent. I was also wondering if I could get contact information on the lady who wrote the children's books about her ancestors. Thanks. Vicki
You can contact me at bsurrounded@gmail.com
Post a Comment